Labor Day may have passed (I know, it feels like it was a long time ago!), but it’s still warm and summery here in New York. Luckily that also means that summer produce is still around. A few weeks ago I realized I hadn’t really had much corn all summer, so I went on a little corn kick and made grilled corn on the cob, corn and tomato salad, and this delicious corn and black bean salsa, which I served with fish tacos. I had a lot of leftovers, so I ended up eating the salsa as a side dish for the rest of the week!
Corn & Black Bean Salsa
Serves a lot
- 4 ears corn
- 1 15-ounce can no salt added black beans, drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1 1/2-2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro, if desired
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the corn for about 3 minutes. Remove the corn and set aside until cool enough to handle. Using a paring knife, cut the corn off the cob into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to mix.
Did you have your fill of corn this summer? What are your favorite ways to enjoy it?